The artist (that's me!) on a windy Plein Air day in La Paz, Mexico

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Old Native American Pot - PAINTING DEMO

Normally I work with a palette knife due to arthritis in my hands but on occasion I work through the cramps and pain to paint with a large brush as I enjoy the process. 24 x 30 Chroma Interactive Acrylics wet into wet on gessoed MDF panel.

First I paint the shape of the pot using unbleached titanium white.
Then I start pushing some color around to get an idea of where I'm going with this piece
 
 
 
 
Next I start adding more color to the rest of the pot to define the shadow side and texture on the pot.  I also start to further define the chips and cracks
 


Now I start to develop the BG/FG and more definition on the overall pot



Detail of chip in pot



Finished painting


No comments: